BlockOLand Solutions (Global virtual position - Full time)
About The Role
The technicial support engineer has responsibility for the day-to-day technical operations needs of our client’s around North America, Central Europe, Canada. The engineer is the first point of contact for setup & maintaining of firewall & switch, providing troubleshooting support, problem-solving, and planning and delivering capacity building. The engineer works with our clients with varied levels of technical expertise, across different time zones. Due to the nature of BlockOLand Solutions work, the organization faces significant potential risks, with this role being central to efforts to build a culture of security & support.
This position is virtual housed within our support team. The engineer liaises closely with the clients and resolving their queries.
You are dedicated to our fastest growing global support team, have demonstrated technical experience, and possess unshakable integrity. You are comfortable explaining technical solutions in simple terms and in troubleshooting issues. And you draw strength from supporting colleagues and promoting good digital practices across a diverse organization.
- Responsible for providing technical support across Mikrotik, Unifi, Pf-sense product lines via Phone/Chat & Emails in 24x7x365 days environment.
- Assist customers with deployment of Mikrotik, Unifi, Pf-sense network security products like Firewall/IPS and VPN solutions.
- Owns customer issues from beginning to resolution (handles in place)
- Monitors and tracks issues to ensure accurate resolution.
- Use troubleshooting techniques and tools to identify products that are defective and follows guidelines in issuing service calls/contacts.
- Contact ISP via voip during downtime & resolve issues.
- Candidate should work closely with the Engineering and other cross functional teams to replicate the issues reported by the customers, validate the bug fixes provided through various patch releases and resolve the customer issues in a professional manner
You Should Have
- Willing to work in 24×7 environment.
- Good understanding of Security, LAN/WAN topologies and technologies.
- In-depth knowledge of OSI Model, TCP/IP, Network Security basics, Routing, Switching.
- Demonstrated ability to use in-depth troubleshooting to resolve or workaround customer issues using troubleshooting tools i.e. Wire Shark, Netmon etc
- Experience in Enterprise network security setups and requirements.
- Ability to work on in a high-level stress and interrupt driven environment
Please send an email with the subject line “Technicial Support Engineer – [Your Name]” to [email protected] with the following documents attached:
- Intention letter
- Resume/ CV
- Name and contact of academic references.
We encourage LGBTQ individuals to apply for the position